This is a list of external articles and resources that we found to be useful in the course of our research, and that we believe may be of interest to you. If you have any suggestions for additions to the list, please contact us by clicking on the “Contact” link in the sidebar menu.
Electronic publications/Web sites
- Anxiety Inventory (QueenDom.com)
- Ask The Counselor.
- Christina Maslach: Research Biography. (UC of Berkeley Psychology Department)
- Counseling Connection.
- How to Recognize Stress. (applesforhealth.com)
- Online Interactive Counseling. (counseling.com)
- rmis.com Resource Library (NOTE: this is a research database which requires a minimum paid subscription.)
- Stress Education Center.
- Maslach, Christina. Burnout: The cost of caring. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall, 1982.
- Suter, Steven and Lawrence Murphy. Stress…at Work. Washington, D.C.: DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 99-101, 1999. (http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/stress/)
The following is a list of other references and resources that were used in the research and development of this project, but are not listed above as they are not primarily designated for counseling stress and burnout.
- Gerkson, Jeff, LCSW. Compassion Fatigue. Institute for Stress Management, Ltd., Normal, IL ICA Conference, Springfield, 11 Nov. 2000.
- Institute for Stress Management, Ltd. Training on compassion fatigue. Redeemer Lutheran Church, Peoria, IL Aug. 1999.
- Kolzon, James. Supervisor for Communities for Youth at The Children’s Home, Peoria, IL. Interviewed 20 Nov. 2000.
- Microsoft Corporation. Encarta World English Dictionary, North American edition. Online Internet 1 Nov. 2000. Available: http://dictionary.msn.com.
- Sweitzer, H.F. and Mary King. The Successful Internship: Transformation and Empowerment. Pacific Grove: Brooks/Cole Publishing Company, 1999.